Top facts about hiring injury lawyers in New Hampshire
The consequences of an accident can be overwhelming. If the mishap happened because of someone’s fault, it is pertinent that you act immediately and don’t let the other person get away with their negligent behavior. New Hampshire has a standard deadline of three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, and this applies to all types of cases, including car accidents. Hiring a New Hampshire injury lawyer is entirely your call, but this could be the most relevant step you take. Here are some top facts about engaging an attorney.
- Lawyers offer a free consultation session. One of the first steps is to evaluate whether your claim is valid and the worth of the case. The good news is most injury lawyers will be happy to evaluate your case for free. You can expect the attorney to review all details and give you a fair overview.
- Lawyers may not always have the required expertise. There are all kinds of personal injury cases, right from nursing home abuse and product defect cases to car accidents and slip & fall accidents. You need an attorney who specializes in cases like yours.
- Lawyers will help with insurance communication. Communicating with the insurance company is always tricky. There claims adjuster will do everything to deny your claim and use facts against you. Once you have an injury lawyer on the case, you can be assured that they will take care of the communication and negotiation process.
- Lawyers will not charge you now. If you are hiring a lawyer, you don’t have to pay them upfront for the work they do. This arrangement is common for personal injury cases and is known as a contingency fee. However, the lawyer will charge a share of the final compensation, usually not higher than 40%.
- Lawyers can take the case to trial. Personal injury claims and lawsuits in NH are usually settled through discussion. If that doesn’t happen with your claim and you need to file a lawsuit, your injury lawyer can do that. They will have an aggressive stance in such circumstances and ensure that you don’t miss out on the settlement.
Finally, you should know that your injury lawyer will take care of lengthy paperwork and all claims-related work. They can ensure every aspect is addressed without the mistakes that are likely to hurt your claim. Call an attorney now and schedule your meeting.